Monday, December 14, 2009

i ♥ faces photo challenge: Pets Only

Welcome to my blog!


You may have noticed this is my very first post. I am a beginner to the photography world and just getting started. What got me moving to finally get a blog up and running? That would be a very cool photography blog I have recently come across that runs a weekly photo contest. Not necessarily a big deal in itself, but this week just happens to be Pets Only. Talk about great timing! I couldn't resist. The only catch? You have to post your entry right from your blog. So thank you, i ♥ faces, for giving me incentive to get a long overdue blog up, and I hope you enjoy my very first entry to your contests.



Introducing Handsome Leo.


Leo Yawning

Leo is one of my foster cats and is still a little bit timid. When he sees that big black camera coming his way he must think it's going to reach out and bite him. He was asleep on the couch before I disturbed him, resulting in capturing his wake up yawn. Ahhh, it's tough work being a cat. The only thing I wish could have been different would be if the Christmas tree lights were turned on behind him.

19 comments:

  1. What a great first entry! Welcome to the contests!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- he is a very handsome cat! Great first entry. Welcome to I heart Faces and congrats on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great shot!!

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great first entry! He is a beautiful cat. Even though the lights weren't on the tree in the background is beautiful and perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BEAUTIFUL cat. Hope to see more pics from you in future weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment! OHHHHH! I love your entry!! I am very glad you decided to start your blog and even more glad that you joined up in iheartfaces! Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leo has such beautiful markings! He's gorgeous, and I love this shot. Such typical cat attitude.
    ;)

    XO*tricia

    P.S. Love your header image. Such beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lights would have been cool, but I still love the shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to the blogging world - it's fun
    I have only been doing it for a few months but i enjoy it - my online - journal
    anyway your cat is georgeous!!!!
    Have you noticed there arent as many cat entries as there are dog ones -
    cats rule
    great picture -
    will check your blog out again

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Elizabeth! And yes, I agree. Cats rule! (But then again, I am a crazy cat lady so I may be biased.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. maybe that handsome cat can come eat my yucky gecko! lol! I wouldn't mind a bit, but I am sure my son would be sad! lol!! great shot really!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's a cat! he is very neat, I love is markings! Very cool picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool that you caught him mid yawn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous coloring on Mr. Leo! And you nailed the picture, regardless of no lighted lights. Welcome to the Blog World!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What especially makes the opening blog photograph so spectacular of Cali and Sheldon, is not only the contrast in the age of their skins, and the captured smiles, but the clarity that shows every freckle and hair; now that is an artistic photographer. You captured it.
    Rhea

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Happy Birthday I <3 Faces!

Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP